An infrequently updated blog covering the travels of one young gringo in Latin America.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Portobelo a Wacuco

Here I am in Portobelo, located in the northern part of Panamá. I visited here with the family of the one of the nuns who works here in Wacuco. She is from Colón which is a city near Portobelo. I stayed with her and her family for three or four days and had the opportunity to experience the culture of Colón which is much different than Wacuco. In Colón there is much more of a mix of caribbean culture, spanish culture and a little of the native culture. In contrast, Wacuco or Guacuco as it was originally spelled, has more indigenous (Kuna Indians). So the cultures, food and traditions tend to differ.









Here is the view that I have from my porch overlooking part of the workshop of the foundation in Wacuco. I talk about it in the following section as my ¨junk.¨

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home