An infrequently updated blog covering the travels of one young gringo in Latin America.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Week in Pictures

I just wanted to give a little update about some things going on this week here in the Wacuco area. This past week I helped level and tile the floor of the local chapel, which now looks like a new building! Here is a picture of the final product.


The picture below is that of the Pan-American Highway which is right outside my door. I took this picture this morning as I was walking to church.


The following pictures are those of the water ¨toma¨ which is the water source for the area of Torti. Today I visited the water source for Wacuco and for Torti. And I was able to play a little bit in the water below the source in Torti Arriba. (We are not just all about work here.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures of Torti Arriba really bring back memories. I too swam in the same waterfall, and in fact have camped at the top of the same water fall - on a clear night its a great place to check out the stars and even maybe catch a view of a passing satellite. The delgados of Torti Arriba have a small chapel on the top of a hill not far from the toma, which is a nice spot to camp out in as well.

Not sure if you are familiar with the same spot, but on our hike up to that toma, we'd walk through a grove of orange and grapefruit trees, and would load up on some of the very best and certainly the freshest citrus I've ever had. It took a little while to get the hang of the way the Panamanians "eat" oranges, but it's a neat trick if you can get it to work.

Anyway enough reminiscing on my part - I wish you continued good luck at the mission, and please keep the posts coming! Its a great break for me from the real world, and reminds me of the good work that people like you are accomplishing.

Mike

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home