An infrequently updated blog covering the travels of one young gringo in Latin America.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Homeward Bound

Well, as many of you already know, I am on my way back to the States. The trip will take about a month to do, as I plan to take a bus through most of Central America. The plan, so far, is head up to Cartago, Costa Rica this thursday and stay with the Capuchin Friars there for a week or so and travel around Costa Rica getting to know that area. From there, naturally, I will be heading through Nicaragua, seeing what there is to see there and then heading up to visit a college buddy in Honduras. From Tegucigalpa, Honduras I will be traveling with another friend up through El Salvador and Guatemala. I will then take a plane to Chicago and return "forever" to the good ole United States of America. I drew a map to better illustrate my EXACT route through CA. So, this will act as a very good guide and will tell you precisely where I am throughout the entire trip. (Note the sarcasm.)


Anyways, if time and internet cafes allow, I'll give you all a peak into my journey as I am seeing and experiencing the amazing cultures and landmarks along the way. Enjoy and keep me in your prayers as I make my trek back home. God Bless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went zip lining in Roatan last month when we visited off a cruise ship-very thrilling-----have a save peace-filled trip, am looking forward to seeing you at St. Thomas.

Peace,
Ann K.

7:43 AM

 
Blogger mcbrink4 said...

You don't know me, but I've enjoyed reading your blog for the past few months to see how things are going down in the ipeti/Wacuco/Torti area. It's been nearly 15 years (Wow!) since I was a 19 year old volunteer living and working in the Mission with Pablo and some Villanova Grads. It was an amazing time. I'm going to miss being able to catch a glimpse of that life again through your posts.

Best of luck to you on your travels and your future, and thanks for your service to those great people.

Mike

11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home